GPS Plugin Module
This module brings high precision GPS data to your project. It connects as a serial device and provides GPS data in the common NMEA dataformat. Therefor it can be used with a variety of applications. Using the gpsd it can provide location information to all your system applications.
GPS module with internal antenna and external antenna connector.
- Global positioning
- Clock synchronisation
- Power Consumption: 20mA tracking, 25 mA acquisition.
- 210 PRN channels.
- 66 search channels.
- 22 simultaneous tracking channels.
- Supports various location and navigation applications, including autonomous GPS, QZSS, SBAS (WAAS, EGNO, GAGAN, MSAS), AGPS.
- Ultra-High Sensitivity: -165dBm (w/o patch antenna), up to 45dB C/N of SVs in open sky reception.
- High Update Rate: up to 10Hz.
- AGPS Support for fast TTFF (EPO™ 7/14 days).
- Built-in 15X15X2.5mm ceramic patch antenna.
- Microcoaxial antenna jacket - Molex 0734120110.
- Backup Battery voltage between 2.0 and 4.3 Volt, typically 3V
- 36.6mm x 29.8mm (1.441in x 1.173in)
Optional / Nice to know
The module has a battery connector with labeled + and - pins. You can connect any Battery or LiPo here as long as the voltage is between 2.0 and 4.3 Volt. Typically you would connect a CR2032 coincell or similar.
If power was not preserved, the GPS module will perform a lengthy cold start every time it is powered-on because previous satellite information is not retained and needs to be retransmitted. This Information can be stored and reused by connecting a small battery to the battery backup pins.